Monday 1 October 2012

Julian Opie


Julian is an English sculptor, painter, printmaker and installation artist. I find his cartoon portraits work to be quite quirky and simple. The simplicity is sometimes not enough for me, I personally like a lot of detail and line quality within work. I find those elements much more striking than a simple thick line and block colours. If I were to be asked how I would personally improve his work, I would add more tones and shades into it. I think that he should experiment more, try different media's and explore different looks. I would also love to see eyes being brought into his work more, making them more of a focus.


Adobe Illustrator

After spending a couple of sessions on this programme I can officially say I'm not afraid of it any more. Before using illustrator, I had quite a negative feel towards it through either what I've heard or seen from it. However, how that I've tried it myself and had a brief go at it, I can say that it was rather enjoyable. Adobe Illustrator was a fun, easy and free programme to use whilst creating my own inspired Julian Opie portrait.